A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is actually irregular in shape and seems like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is a result of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is well known in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the Agaricus Blazei Extract is an immune booster, an excellent digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is a compressive listing of Chaga mushroom proven health advantages.
1. Prevention and treatment of cancer – The active compound within the Chaga mushroom comes with an essential role in prevention and control over cancer, according to research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are among the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom assist the immunity mechanism to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting our bodies to combat against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the defense mechanisms through producing immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s capacity to differentiate between foreign cells and also the body’s cells; thus improving the accuracy of the immunity mechanism in responding to invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays a crucial role in preventing allergic reactions by improving the body to recognise its cells more accurately; as a result it cannot fight against its cells. In the event that reducing the probability of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in lowering of immune system hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity be a consequence of a severe hypersensitive reaction. Such reaction can lead to cardiac shock. As being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom boosts the defense mechanisms when needed and reduce it when it is hypersensitive.
3. An effective antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For example, Chaga extracts work well against viruses as they inhibit replication of HIV 1 and stop Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts work well in reducing infection due to Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the process that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), a necessary step in fighting infection. A cupful of Chaga tea is crucial to fight the bacteria that could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation of the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Remember that, low antioxidant levels can result in inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the effects of enzymes that engage in inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play a crucial role in neutralising free radicles within the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has got the highest quantity of antioxidant potency in comparison with some other food. The high levels of antioxidants are caused by our prime amount of polyphenols inside the Agaricus Blazei Extract. Besides, the high levels of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive outcomes of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, reduce the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – One of the factors behind ulcers is bacteria. As being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria that triggers ulcers within the intestinal tract reducing likelihood of ulcers. Besides, the extracts of the mushroom are crucial in cutting inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cupful of Chaga tea or even a glass of warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder half an hour before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration in the blood throughout an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the whole process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides raise the glycogen content of muscles and the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that plays a part in fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous blood clots – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots within the veins; a disorder called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it may result in diseases like cardiac arrest and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the entire process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the potential risks of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is important in soothing arteries during times of irritation. Such property is essential in cases of pain or conditions including neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood sugar level by increasing levels of insulin in the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to transform sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. Among the factors behind insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance contributes to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the potential risk of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decrease that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus decreasing the surges in blood sugar, which will otherwise cause diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure and cholesterol levels – Betulinic acid can breakdown the reduced-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol within the blood, while other extracts increase the amount of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol inside the liver. By reducing bad cholesterol from bloodstream, as well as eliminating clots from the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a healthy blood pressure level.
11. Skin health – The massive levels of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, ensure it is an excellent skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin provides the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, improves the skin’s health, making it supple and protecting your skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it to the skin is effective.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is an excellent source of dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the production of bile, a necessary salt in the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder three times each day, 30 minutes before meals decbbe important for a wholesome gastrointestinal system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sense of stress – Chaga extracts are essential in balancing hormones in the body. In the case of stress, the body releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the feeling of stress and fatigue. A balance of such hormones, balances the functioning of the body, hence enables one to deal with stress. Being a popular adaptogen, ganoderma lucidum spore oil, assistance to stabilise, restore and protect our bodies. It can so by improving the body respond to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance in the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the degree of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the levels of acetylcholine increases the cognitive performance of an individual.